Last Updated: 11/10/2021
If you are a California resident, please see the section titled “California Privacy Rights” below.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of our websites, create a profile, , search for stores that sell our products, provide us with feedback, communicate with us via third party social media sites, participate in a contest or promotion, submit a product review, apply for a job with us, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, nickname (that you may create when providing a product review), age range, email address, mailing address, city or zip code product search location, phone number, photograph (such as photos you may submit with product reviews), product interests, your messages to us, information about products you have purchased from us or from retailers with whom you interact through our website, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our websites, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the websites, including the type of browser and operating system you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our websites.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the websites, including the operating system and version, and network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that, among other things, help us improve our websites and your experience, see which areas and features of our websites are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our websites or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see Your Choices below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our websites. For example, we may collect information about you from data analytics providers, advertising networks, and retail partners.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our websites;
- Allow you to comment on or provide feedback or suggestions about our products or services;
- Offer, process, and deliver promotions and rewards;
- Allow you to participate in contests or sweepstakes;
- Respond to your requests, comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Help you locate stores near you or online that carry our products;
- Communicate with you about recipes, products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Continental Mills and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our websites;
- Personalize and improve the websites and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Evaluate your job application;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected or to which you consented.
Sharing of Information
- With your consent or at your direction;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out their work on our behalf, such as fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising;
- When you share a product review on our websites with third parties that syndicate this content for publication on retailers’ websites;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Continental Mills or others; and
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, restructuring, reorganization, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
We may also use and share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
Social Sharing Features
The websites may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our websites with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
If you have an account on any of our websites, you may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account and modifying the settings/information in your profile. If you wish to delete your account, please email us at [email protected], but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) affords consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, visual information, professional or employment related information, inferences. For details about the precise data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see the Collection of Information section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Use of Information section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers||Vendors, consultants and other service providers; content syndication partners; data analytics providers; advertising partners and providers.|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law||Vendors, consultants and other service providers; content syndication partners.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Vendors, consultants and other service providers; data analytics providers; content syndication partners; advertising partners and providers.|
|Visual Information||Content syndication partners.|
|Professional or employment related information||Vendors, consultants and other service providers.|
|Inferences||Vendors, consultants and other service providers; data analytics providers.|
California law requires that we provide transparency about personal information we “sell,” which, for purposes of the CCPA, broadly means scenarios in which we have shared personal information with third parties in exchange for valuable consideration. We do not sell your personal information to other companies for money, however, we do allow our advertising partners to collect certain information to show you targeted advertisements, which may be considered a “sale” under the California Consumer Privacy Act. In the preceding 12 months, we have allowed our advertising partners to collect identifiers and Internet or other electronic network activity information. You have the right to opt out of having your information used for targeted advertising at any time by visiting the Do Not Sell My Personal Information page. We do not knowingly sell personal information about consumers under the age of 16.
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose, (2) request deletion of your personal information, (3) opt out of any “sales” of your personal information that may be occurring, and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make these requests by calling 1-800-457-7744 or [email protected]. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us, such as your name, email address, phone number and mailing address. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us.